Following the French law and issues regarding the Burkini and Muslims “ban” in France many Muslims are thinking of leaving France for a better life. The truth is that French society is now known to be intolerant. While France portrays itself as a country of freedom, it can also be as oppressive as many other so-called oppressive regimes when it relates to Muslims, Jews and some other minorities.

Having said that, the French people can be nicest in the world, they are usually jovial and nice to deal with. Nonetheless their government policies of colonialism and intolerance have put France at odds with many of the accepted standards of the 21st Century. As such many Muslims are looking into other possibilities to be safe and actually thrive. In their quest, they should consider options offered by other Western countries. We can say that at this point  two western countries with still a sense of tolerance are the United States and Canada. Note that they are not perfect but they are still considerate.

French Muslims Immigrating to the United States or Canada

The world is changing and the truth is that it is important for people to feel free. Unfortunately this freedom needs to be accompanied by a some ease. Countries such as the USA or Canada, despite all the “Trump news” are still havens for people of different races and religions. This is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the US Constitution. Whether you are Muslim, Hindu, a Jew, a Christian or a Buddhist, both the United States and Canada might be able to accommodate you. The question is how can you actually immigrate to the United States?

French Citizens E2law-753482 visas and EB5

Being a French citizen makes you eligible for the E2 visas. The E2 Visas are investor visas based on treaties which allow nationals from certain foreign countries to move to the United States with their family. Through an marginal investment and the ability to have a business in the United States, the E2 visa is a good temporary option.  On the other hand the EB-5 programs is a permanent residence program which can actually help those who have the means to invest obtain a green card in the United States.

Employment Visas and Permanent Residence

Many of those who feel persecuted in France or other countries are very educated and can actually look into visas such as H1B employment visas, L1 visas, O visas, P visas, or R visas.  Ultimately such visas are appropriate for all the needs of individuals.  Many of them actually lead to permanent residence.  See employment visas

Self Petitions

For those qualifying for EB1A or National Interest Waivers, no employer is required and they can directly obtain a permanent residence.

Family Immigration

Either through a spouse, a child or a sibling who are US citizen, you might actually be able to immigrate. See family petitions here.

Options of Canadian Immigration

Canada for years have welcome people of different religions without discrimination. In case you need help for Canada, please refer to a Canadian immigration lawyer.

For more information on different visa options, please call (510) 742 5887 or visit


Written by admin

Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal analyst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV. Articles about Shah Peerally and his work have appeared on newspapers such as San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, US Fiji Times, Mauritius Le Quotidien, Movers & Shakers and other prominent international newspapers. His work has been commended by Congress women Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Lee. He has a weekly radio show on KLOK 1170AM and frequently participates in legal clinics in churches, temples and mosques. His law group, Shah Peerally Law Group, has represented clients all over the United States constantly dealing with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Immigration and Custom Enforcement(ICE) and CBP (Customs Border Patrol (CBP) under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This department was formerly known as the Immigration and Nationality Services (INS).