Having extensively discussed Tri Valley University (TVU) in the last few months, we have come to the conclusion that the cases will be considered on case by case basis. From the cases we have handled, those are the issues and possibilities we have noticed:
1. Reinstatement has probably become the only way for TVU students to get back on the student visas while staying inside the United States. Our law firm is handling many of the reinstatements. If you need more information call us on 510 742 5887.
2. For those who left the United States, they probably have to reapply for a new visa with a new I-20 and make sure your visa is stamped before you buy the airline ticket.
3. If you have tried to transfer to another visa such as H4, you might want to re-consider a reinstatement instead (unless the case has been approved).
4. If you are eligible for asylum (for fear of prosecution) contact an attorney familiar with such cases. Our law firm has handled many asylum cases.
5. If your spouse is a US citizen, you might want to consider applying for a marriage petition.
Lately many newspapers have contacted us in regards to other schools possibly to be “investigated” by ICE. At this point in time, we do not have any information on such schools although we are sure that ICE is aggressively pursuing schools similar to TVU. Therefore, if you are enrolling in a new school, we recommend you make sure the school is complying with all the United States immigration and other laws.
For more information please call us on 510 742 5887