As I listen to more and more of the TVU students, I am more convinced that they were “duped” or misled. Do you know why? Because:
- Most of those students are so scared of violating any laws that they will not even dare to get a traffic ticket. It is hard to believe that they will commit such a massive immigration fraud;
- Many of the students did not even have time to join the classes at TVU;
- No person of common sense will invest so much money in a big criminal enterprise unless they were prior convicts. In the case of the TVU students I doubt many of them were prior convicts;
- All indications point to TVU management “misleading” the students including using some people who pretended to be lawyers or are even actual lawyers. Check the TVU website to see several high ranked school officials were either lawyers or “pretended” to be lawyers. Ironically some of the same lawyers are actually trying to advise the TVU students (don’t know if they are aware of the concept of conflict of interest);
- When Susan Sue, president of TVU, answered the intent to revoke, she basically made an argument that she was operating within the boundaries of the law. If she is claiming that she is doing things properly, we can easily guess that she told and convinced the students of the same thing; and
- Some students did not want to continue the classes when they found out that the school was not complying, yet the school would either delay their transfers or ignore their calls.
Based on only the six reasons above, it is more likely than not that most of the TVU students were just victims of a big crime. As such we should treat them with dignity and fairness.
I call on all human beings to support, by signing the petition, the TVU victims and demand that justice is served.