THE ESSAY COMPETITION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 15 2012!!!
CHECK THE ESSAYS LIST HERE
Essay Competition – First Price $250 and a live interview on KLOK 1170 AM
Shah Peerally Law Group PC, AttorneyOnAir.com and the Shah Peerally Productions are proud to launch an essay competition. The essay competition is opened to anybody above 15 years old and the essays will be posted on the blog www.ImmigrationLegalBlog.com. Voters will be able to LIKE and comment on the essay on http://facebook.com/attorneyonair
The essays with most likes will be selected first and then attorney Shah Peerally Law Group PC’s team will be judging the best 10 essays.
- First Prize – $250 Cash prize plus a 15 minutes telephonic live interview on KLOK 1170 AM
- Second Prize – $150 Cash prize; and
- Third Prize – $ 100 Cash prize.
All essays will become the property of the Shah Peerally Law Group PC with credit given to the authors. The First to Third Place essays will be published on www.PeerallyLaw.com
Anybody above 15 are asked to write an original and creative essay of 1,000 words or less that demonstrate their views on Immigration issues. Contestants should use at least 2 varied sources such as newspaper articles, books, and/or personal interviews to address the following topic:
Describe and analyze an issue related to the United States Immigration. Include an analysis of the difficulties, fortune, or experience of the immigrants either social or financial. The essay should be original and cannot be copied from any place.
All submissions must adhere to contest requirements mentioned below:
The contest is open to the world and must be in English. Only contestants above 15 are eligible to participate. Shah Peerally Law Group PC and its affiliates reserve the right to deny publication or participation to any individual or contestant at its discretion.
- The contest will be closing on September 30 2012.
- Essays can be no more than 1,500 words.
- Essays must be the original work of the contestant.
- Contestants can submit a maximum of 3 essays per person.
- Essays should cover an immigration issue including any social issue, interview or financial issue.
- Essays with large portion copied from other contents will be disqualified
- Essays must have a minimum of 2 outside sources or interviews.
- Essays should be submitted in word documents by an email confirming this is an original essay.
- Contestants are required to include their names, addresses, email and phone number inside the document. No hyperlink is allowed
- Essays should be in English language only.
- Essays with fewer than 2 listed sources will be disqualified.
- All participants must cite sources they used to research their topic throughout their essay. Please use parenthetical citations within the text. .
- Contestants should be emailing their essay at firstname.lastname@example.org. All contestants must add on the bottom on their essays: “I declare that this is my original work and I declare I am above 15 years old” – and print their name, address and telephone number on the bottom of their essays.
Good Luck to all the participants
Shah Peerally, Esq.
President of the Shah Peerally Law Group PC